Kids ages 13-17: Join us for an overseas adventure in Piper adventure style!
Led by Meredith Hackett
July 15 – 18: On the Piper campus!
Each student will memorize and rehearse a Shakespeare monologue. We will use ensemble and physical theatre to create beautiful group pieces. We will perform our show on Thursday before we leave.
July 19 – 26: Off we go to London!
In between tours, plays, and exploration, we will create “pop-up” performances of our Shakespeare pieces on the streets of London.
Interested students are required to submit an essay about why they want to go and what Piper means to them. Please email Meredith Hackett at email@example.com for more information or to submit your essay!
What will we see and do in London?
The Globe Theatre * The Tower of London * The London Eye * The National Theater (tour and show) * The Jack the Ripper Tour * Hampton Court * Downton Abbey/Highclere Castle Tour * Stratford-Upon-Avon * Borough Market * Kensington Gardens * A night at the theatre * And much more!!
- The trip is limited to 7 students.
- Interested students must submit a short essay explaining why they would like to go and what Piper means to them. Essay deadline is December 31.
- Selected students will receive notification in January. We will book flights and tours starting in February, with half payment due on February 15.
- Cost is $3100 per student, which includes the entire two weeks of workshops and all travel costs including travel, hotel, food, transportation, tours, and tickets.
- $1,000 deposit due by February 6, 2019
- Balance due May 15, 2019
- Some financial aid will be available.
- 25% off July 1-12 at Piper for London students! Join Meredith July 1-12 for Twelve Angry Girls, an original comedy!